maandag 25 mei 2009

a poem

Anke (van Dijk) just let me read a poem she wrote:

Did you ever see a butterfly
Fly where she shouldn’t fly?
Is it brave or foolish if you try
To cross the sea, the gamble to die?

What was she thinking, no one knows
Your guess might be as good as mine
Was she just so attracted by the shine
The way the sun on the waves turns to gold

Maybe she didn’t care about the waves
Perhaps she longed to the land across
The foreign seems to have some gloss
Life always appears better there

Possibly she was just sick of company
With the others, she was just one more clone
She’d rather be unique, she’d rather be alone
She left her kin to feel whole again

The urge that took her to go in the end
We’ll never unearth wat it was like just to dare
She just got so weary she couldn’t stay in the air
Her tiny wings now flow away with the tide


which then reminds me of the song Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd (from The Wall (movie)):
(specifically the remark by the teacher)


which then reminds me of Foucault; which then reminds me of current ''scientific'' paradigms - to which i'll come back later; what reminds me of still not having posted my Gwan Yin story... forgive me, i will. :)

well, please take care not to drown, please,
beybey,
fedde
(Ps, Anke just tells me she'd love reactions and feedback; so you're absolutely invited (as always btw) to comment!)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten