donderdag 14 mei 2009

sooooo sooooo tired (visum, In, Leiden, hospiteren)

Yesterday was, well, ... tiring.

First i got up at 6:15 (normal time for me is only 15 minutes later so this is not shocking yet) then i didn't do the morning recitations i usually do (which is shocking) had a quick breakfast and got on the train to The Hague.

On the train i did do my recitations, quietly though, without any voice. And that was very good to do actually. I could really sense my mind going back to calm and positive states.

Then i got myself on the tram to the Chinese embassy. There was an old iraqi couple with their grandchild and they were soooo nice! The grandchild, a baby in a real pram (i just looked that word up, is that really what it is called?)- like this one http://www.oxana.nl/img/portfolio/briefkaarten/geboorte/kinderwagen.jpg - was really cute. They asked me very kindly whether this - Adriaan Goekooplaan - was where to get off to get to the embassies; i said yes, asked them what embassy they went - of Iraq - told where i was going and wished them a very nice trip when we had to part ways.

After that I visited In Liem. A dharma friend i met when i resided at Rabten Choeling, a tibetan (gelugpa) monastery in Switzerland. She has been studying the dharma for a looong time and is currently building up a temple on the other side of her street. It was nice to see her again - talking about economics, politics, the current crisis (and it's causes - she is a economist), the dharma and the temple. She briefly showed me the temple in it's current state - looks good, peaceful and calm. The Gwan Yin statue i gave her/the temple when i visited her some months ago and actually stayed over and helped a bit at the temple was on the altar now. :)

Then I went on to Leiden. I had to find a way to kill my time awaiting the ''hospiteeravond'' I'd be going (a night on which several room-seekers visit a room and those currently living there, the potential roommates, check them out and afterwards decide who will get the room). So i walked through the city center two or three times, spent time in some of the parks reading a bit, almost got into the UB (University's Libary) - but didn't cause i was to lazy and poor to get myself a locker to dump my bag and coat. Finally it was time and well, it was a nice room, nice roommates (two studens - history and psychology/philosophy (he does 1.5 study :P)); the other two candidates were also nice people... as always i first ''look the cat out of the tree'' (sorry for such a blunt dutchism, but i like the expression) when in a multi-person meeting with people i don't know. They said they's text the one who would get the room before 23:00; i didn't receive any text so i figure i didn't get the room :P
Bummer... really
But i feel somehow that it is okay. They wanted a person who would be explicitly social, hanging out with them a lot. And i'm not sure whether i really want that: i'm searching for a room, not for people.
I guess that when i find out that i have a lot of free time next year i'll probably be filling that up by reading extra books for college, or take up some extra class.

But i left the hospiteeravond a little late (early in a sense too): i had to run to miss the train - and so i did. On my sandals and with my backpack i ran from one side of town to the other. (I did draw quite some attention from a lot of people this way. :P)
And so i missed the train which could bring me to my neighbourhood; luckily my dad picked me up at the main train station here, in Leeuwarden. (Thank's!)

o.k. now i'm tired and haven't done anything useful, probably won't do either.

stay safe, please :)
see you
fedde

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten